secure area is password protected and session limited, if you leave you
will be asked for your password again.
Modeling Needs Workshop
International Energy Agency Task 23
Offshore Wind Energy Technology and Deployment
Subtask 2 - Technical Research for Deeper Water
January 13–14, 2005
Risø, Danish National Laboratory
meeting for IEA Task 23 on Offshore Wind Energy Technology and Development
subtask 2 – Technical Research for Deeper Water the committee discussed
the need for offshore model improvements for all water depths. The committee
decided to initiate a task to define coupled turbine/substructure dynamic
modelling needs and a plan for collaboration on this effort.
the topics discussed were:
1) Define the capabilities and limitations of current offshore modelling
state of the art. This would include the wind turbine and oil & gas
2) Define and plan a coupled code verification exercise and code to code
3) Assess the requirements for test data to validate codes.
4) Assess the impact/sensitivity of wave loading on deep water platforms.
5) Consider extreme breaking waves, ice loading, and wave grouping in
6) Define hybrid model testing and validation effort.